Monday 6 October 2008

'Egad, the Nanomonster is almost upon us

Is it October again, already?

Does this mean I'll be doing nanowrimo. No. Then again, maybe ... I've logged on to the website, advertised my services to newbies, attended pre-nano meet ups, resolved to PLAN and PLOT this time ... even though I'm officially NOT DOING IT. Who am I kidding? I'm doing it, I just don't have a clue what I'm doing. As bloody usual.

I started footering about with one of my stagnant stories, last week - the one about the NZ psychic detective climbing a hill. To resolve the plot difficuties that stymied me earlier in the year, I've moved forwards several scenes and I'm writing a party sequence. I have no idea who the people at the party are, how Donna got there, or what might happen, but what the Hell, at least I've put down a couple of thousand words that weren't there before.

Mistakes can be corrected, wild inconsistencies ironed out. But you can't do anything unless you write something, no matter how bad.

No comments: