Saturday 25 April 2009

Away from me, Satan!

Pushed Traces to 20,044 tonight - I've been desperate to pass that magical 20K milestone. Scrathes up to 13,000. Which means I should be able to achieve thmy goal, at a paltry 700 words a night on each, if I can only keep turning up to write.

The problem being that as I get closer to a target, I lose the will power to push myself on to reach it. A little demon whispers, "You've done really well to get thus far, what does it matter if you miss it by a couple of thousand waords, you could have done it if you wanted to, and you know it, that's what is important. So take the next couple of nights off, rest and recharge and come back in May ready to raise Hell. Or at least write lots."

Only, writing lots is the opposite of what the demon is trying to get me to do. The deomon doesn't like words and hates it when I type them. He knows the more days spent not writing, the less likelihood there is of there being any more serious writing, ever.

So go and bug Wilbur Smith or Jeffrey Archer, demon, and stop them writing. Make the world a better place by stopping them publishing any moe of their rubbishy novels.

That isn't part of your plan, either, is it?

No comments: