Saturday 11 April 2009

There goes April

Amazing how time passes when you aren't doing anything cuseful with it. I've been busy Not Writing for the first ten days of the month. First, I had monstrous tooth ache. My dentist has gleefully informed me I've an abssess on the nerve and the only option is to rip the tooth out. I've been swallowing a patchwork of drugs to keep the pain under control untilt he oral surgeons return from holiday. Meanwhile, an old friend is In Country, and since I hadn't seen him for about ten years, and he has never met my children, it was essential to catch up with him. So I haven't really been thinking too much about writing, and now we're a third of the way through the month and tonight is the first night I've written anything 1,000 words on Scratches, 500 words on Traces.

On the plus side, I've had a beast of an idea for ANOTHER story, completely seperate from the two above. I'll keep it in reserve in case I get stuck on either of them. It would be a children's novel, and set in a not-too-distant future. The title and the first line came to me in a bit of a blinding flash type thing while I was mowing the lawn. I spent the next half hour repeating them over and over to myself, lest I forget them. Pretty securely lodged in my head now.

Just amazing how ideas come blasting in, once you start writing.
Traces - 14,574
Scratches - 5,362

No comments: